17 April 2007

23/4/07 Poorly Boy Home

He's home but very weak and sleeping loads. I've never seen so many pills for one person. He has to take penicillin, another unpronouncable and definately unspellable antibiotic, ibubrufen and paracetomol.
Official diagnosis is glandular fever. His spleen is inflamed so he's not allowed to do any contact sports for a few months which isn't ideal when your taking a PE gcse!
It's been a manic few days and the house is such a tip. I ran out of ecover dishwasher tabs over the weekend (the dishwasher is one thing I struggle with for making my own detergent, I just can't fing anything that works) so I tried to substitute it with some natural stuff. I tried sprinkling everything with bicarb of soda as Janey Lee Graces book suggests and everything came out reasonably clean but with a white powdery residue which hubby moaned about. I can live with it. Next I tried natural soap flakes which were a disaster, everything was a filthy and needed to be re washed which is hardly eco friendly.
Finally today I had the chance to get to the shops and get some stuff that actually works, hurrah!

No comments: